How to prepare and issue a new Shark release
This tutorial is both a checklist and knowledge preservation list
for the developing team, and a general information source on the
process of a new Shark release.
Insert sufficiently detailed description of the whole package-making
- Upgrade copyright notices
First testing stage:
- All group members should be able to compile/install on their systems.
- All Jenkins machines should be sunny.
- Eliminate as many compiler warnings from all Jenkins build logs as possible.
- Run the Sphinx link checker.
- run the makeastyle script
- Validate all packages as well as the source code package and the documentation package.
- Invite third-party package testers.
- Upload complete documentation web section onto web server.
- Upload package files
- Include a new announcement under “News”, including a changelog if possible.
Online sanity testing
Final testing stage:
- Write a generic announcement text and distribute on our own mailing lists, plus X