(Created page with "==Download the Installation File== Log into [https://intranet.ku.dk/ KUNet] and go to the software library. Download the latest Matlab version for Linux 64 bit. This should be a...")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 12:48, 22 May 2014
Download the Installation File
Log into KUNet and go to the software library. Download the latest Matlab version for Linux 64 bit. This should be a zip-file named something like matlab_R2014a_glnx64.zip.
Transfer the file to all the machines it needs to be installed. It is a good idea to put it somewhere into the /tmp folder and delete it after the installation. Extract the archive into the folder were you moved it. Now you are ready to start with the installation.
The following needs to be repeated for all machines and you need to have sudo rights.
- Use ssh -Y to connect to the bastion and also ssh -Y from there to the actual machines. This is necessary because Matlab needs to be installed via a GUI.
- Create the folder /usr/local/Matlab2014a (should vary with the version you install):
sudo mkdir /usr/local/Matlab2014a
- Change the owner ship of the folder to your username:
sudo chown username /usr/local/Matlab2014a
- Switch into the directory in which you extracted the installation files.
- Start the installation:
During the installation you need to remember the following things:
- Log in with your Mathworks account when asked
- Choose the TAH Campus license activation key for installation and activation (can be found in the software library at KUNet)
- Install Matlab in the created folder (/usr/local/Matlab2014a)