Homepage of Melanie Ganz
|Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging|
|149 13th Street|
|Charlestown, MA 02129|
Melanie Ganz received her M. Sc. in Physics from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany (2007). During her master program she spent a year abroad at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA.
From March 2008 until May 2011 Melanie Ganz completed her Ph.D. studies at the Department of Computer Science of the University
of Copenhagen, Denmark. Her supervisors were Mads Nielsen
, Marleen de Bruijne
and Sami Brandt
and she collaborated with a company, Nordic Bioscience Imaging & Synarc Imaging Technologies (now BiomedIQ). During her Ph.D. Ganz has visited and
cooporated with Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK.
After finishing her PhD, she worked 5 months for Medicsight PLC in London as research and development intern.
Currently Melanie Ganz works as an external PostDoc at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
, MA, USA, under the supervision of Koen van Leemput.
Her main research focus is on the application of image processing, computer vision and machine learning techniques in medical imaging as well as the statistical interpretations of results retrieved
in medical imaging problems.
Teaching and Supervision|
Conferences and Workshops|
Summer Schools and Courses]
- PostDoc at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging , MA, USA (Koen van Leemput) (2011-2013)
- Ph.D. in computer science at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Kopenhagen (Mads Nielsen, Marleen de Bruijne, Sami Brandt) (2008-2011)
- Visiting student of Microsoft Research Cambridge (Pushmeet Kohli), Cambridge, UK, July-August 2010.
- Visiting student of Microsoft Research Cambridge (Pushmeet Kohli), Cambridge, UK, October-December 2009.
- M. Sc. in physics (Diplom Physik) from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany (2002-2007)
- Year abroad at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA (2005-2006)
Scholarships & Awards